CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Tried and True


This is an old favorite of mine(and many others for that matter). Never the less, it is the perfect casserole to take to a friend in need, or just to throw together for a quick week night meal...enjoy!
p.s. the photo is not mine...I stole it from Mr. Google!

Poppy Seed Chicken
8 Boneless skinless chicken breast (I just throw in whatever I have and if I have left over meat I use it for something else!)
2 cans cream soup... I like it best with cream of mushroom
8 oz of sour cream
1 roll of ritz crackers
1 stick of butter melted

Boil chicken and shred
Mix soup, sour cream, and chicken
put mixture into a lightly sprayed casserole dish
Crush crackers into a skillet and add butter...brown crackers lightly, then spread over chicken mixture.
Sprinkle casserole with poppy seeds generously or not so generously depending on how you feel about poppy seeds.
Bake at 350 for about 30 mins or until heated through.

My own personal notes:
I cut this recipe in half since it is normally just me and the mister eating. I also used reduced fat everything and only about 1/2 a stick of butter.

Kind Regards,
Art Teacher

3 comments:

Laura said...

Thanks for posting, Car... This is an awesome recipe for those of you out there, who have never had it!

Try it, you will love it!

The Arnold Family said...

MMM, sounds so good and I do need more of those "take to someone" recipes! Thanks!

Brandi said...

Laura, how many points do you think are in it with everything being reduced fat?

I'm thinking of making it tomorrow night!

Brandi