CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 12, 2009

I Wouldn't Call This A Recipe...

I made this ordinary pasta dish into a scrummy meal that was quick and quite "figure friendly", if I might be so bold as to quote Miss 30 Minute Meals herself. Kev and I had been eating not so healthy stuff and just pasta on its own didn't sound like the nutrition we needed so I added stuff, and it came out like this...

Here is what you need:
1 box omega infused, whole grain pasta (I use Barilla Plus)
1 jar of tomato sauce
1 box of frozen spinach
1-2 tbsp reduced fat sour cream
1 pack Chicken sausages

whatever extra italian spices you like
Parmesean to your liking
I think I also threw in some chicken stock at some point?

Here is what to do:
Boil water for pasta, cook and drain. This might seem like an unnecessary step to you, but if I were following this recipe I would find it helpful! Slice sausages into disks and brown(most of the chicken sausage I buy is pre-cooked but I have found a few that are not so be careful). Remove sausage from pan and add fully drained spinach any spices you like, sour cream, and a bit of chicken stock to create a sort of creamed spinach Then add in tomato sauce, and sausage. Simmer until heated through.
Serve with pasta and top with parm.
See, not really a recipe, but quite a tasty meal and while I'm not endorsing it to the point of telling you to try it tonight, I am endorcing looking in your pantry and being creative!
Toodles,
Art Teacher

By the way sorry there is no picture, but I am sure if you make this, it will look different then mine, as we are different cooks. Just imagine what pasta, sauce, spinach, and sausage look like together and that will give you a sufficient visual aid.

0 comments: